Simple and refreshing, you can prepare lemon tea at home in minutes. In any recipe you choose, whether from scratch or through blending with other ingredients, a cup of lemon tea is packed with nutrients that can help protect your health. Plus, it sure is tasty!
What Benefits Can Lemon Tea Provide?
Here are some of the health benefits you can get from drinking lemon tea:
- Preventing kidney stones. Lemon juice is a natural diuretic, just like other citric acids. Thus, it can decrease the number of stones per patient from 1.00 to 0.13.
- Soothing sore throat or cough. Because lemon tea acts as an expectorant, it helps get rid of excess mucus and loosen phlegm buildup in your lungs and throat, making it easier to cough it out.
- Regulating blood sugar level. Lemon tea works as an antioxidant that reduces insulin resistance and improves blood sugar levels.
- Promoting weight loss. Lemon tea has inherent appetite suppressing benefits, encouraging you to eat less. It is also low in calories, thus preventing you from gaining weight.
- Cleansing the digestive system. Antiseptic and antifungal properties in lemon tea are beneficial for regulating normal digestion and keeping it clean.
- Treating diarrhea. Lemon tea is helpful in the treatment of diarrhea, dysentery, and other chronic gastrointestinal disorders due to its laxative and disinfectant qualities.
- Fighting against cancer. Clinical studies show that lemon is a good source of antioxidants that can fight against cancer.
Making Your Own Lemon Tea From Scratch
To start creating pure lemon tea, you’ll need fresh lemons. The quantity of lemons you use is up to you. But, for good measure, use at least ½ lemons per cup of hot water. Once you have them ready, you can now get started.
- Boil fresh water and let it cool down for a few minutes.
- Add lemon juice and honey.
- Boil the washed and sliced lemons in a cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Add other ingredients to enhance flavors, such as ginger, cinnamon, green or black tea, dried flowers, or fruits.
For the second method, keep in mind that boiling may reduce the number of beneficial compounds. Nonetheless, this lemon tea recipe helps your skin and body, so give it a try and see for yourself.
Adding Lemon to Your Herbal Tea
Did you know that you can combine the benefits of lemon in your herbal tea? Here are ways you can achieve that:
- Infuse your tea with lemon juice. Wait a few minutes until your tea is ready before adding the juice to make the most of the yellow fruit’s health benefits.
- Place an organic lemon in a bowl of water and wash it, then pat it dry. Once done, take out the dried peel and add it to your tea.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon peel and steep it with tea leaves. Make sure to use organic lemons with a clean peel.
- Add a drop or two of lemon essential oil to your dry tea leaves. Make sure that it’s edible and for ingestion purposes. Shake them together well, then store the tea in an airtight container.
Drink Organic Lemon Tea at Home!
Drinking organic lemon tea has many benefits, and it’s easy to do at home. If you want to keep yourself healthy, relaxed, and refreshed, you can make your own lemon tea from scratch or infuse lemon into your herbal tea.
You can now prepare organic lemon tea in quick, easy steps. Just Organic Tea believes everyone can enjoy tea brewed with the highest quality ingredients. With each purchase, you promote fair treatment of others and environmentally sustainable farming.